Making a Difference
Over one million children in Malawi alone have been orphaned to HIV/AIDS. Because girl orphans are among the most devalued and abused in their culture, and face such oppression, it is the mission of Little Dresses for Africa to plant in the hearts of these little girls that they are worthy. We ‘re not just sending little dresses – we ‘re sending HOPE!
1o Ways You Can Make a Difference…
1. Spread the word. Go to our Pillow Case Pattern page, print the pattern and pass it on to someone.
2. Donate new or gently used pillow cases or sewing materials such as double bias tape or 1/2 inch elastic, thread or material to Little Dresses for Africa.
3. Start a sewing group making little dresses for little girls and Britches for Boys.
4. Contribute Tax-deductible checks or cash to to help with shipping costs across the United States or Africa.
5. Offer your house, church hall, or meeting area to host a group.
6. If you are in the area, join the volunteers at LDFA at 17830 Telegraph, Brownstown, MI on the 2nd and 4th Thursday nights at 7pm to open, sort and size the dresses that arrive and ready them for shipping.
7. Donate small, medium or large vacuum sealed bags, packaging tape or new 14 x 14 x 14 boxes for shipping to Little Dresses for Africa .
8. Donate financially to Little Dresses for Africa to cover costs shipping.
9. Donate financially to Little Dresses for Africa to sponsor one of the on-going projects such as Buckets of Hope, “Send the Light $7.00 Bibles)
10. Contact us to provide you with materials so that you can give a speech in your church or community to get others involved. Materials, DVDs, handouts provided at your request, free of charge.