Hope in Action
Little Dresses for Africa has been fortunate to be partners with some very dedicated and passionate organizations. The common link with all the projects is that the people involved all care about children. From individuals around the country who are sewing these dresses in their homes in all 50 states as well as across the world, to the volunteers that help size, sort and pack them for shipping, and those that support LDFA financially… all of them have been moved into action by their desire to help the children.
What’s Happening 2015!
We’re sending another container! We will be shipping thousands of little dresses and britches for boys to our Distribution Center in Malawi to bless the people of Africa. We are calling this collection “Christmas in July”. Collection during July and shipping in August, to arrive in time for Christmas!
Dresses, supplies, tools, bikes, and so much more will be stored in our new distribution center in Malawi. This will allow us to serve a much wider range of people in need.
Teams to Africa- Led by Little Dresses for Africa.
Each year, teams are led by Founder of LDFA, Rachel O’Neill. Funds are raised in advance and projects are determined in partnership with the local people of Africa according to their needs. Our home base is in Malawi, where our school is but we have also served in The Gambia, Kenya and Ethiopia. Thousands of dresses and britches for boys are distributed as well as teach and encourage the people of Africa. Here are some of our projects completed in the past: Click on each project for more information.
Some of our Projects
1…2…3…Go! We concentrate on 3 areas of interest in each village. Clean water by putting in wells, a Primary School and Multi-purpose building. Lives are changed as we give these villages a little help to get started and then change their own lives. In each Village, relationships are formed and needs are met. Some of our projects with 1,2,3…Go include’s House, Bible Classes, Vacation Bible Schools, Buckets of Hope, Village Visits,replacing roofs of Widows houses, Sharing the Gospel through “The Jesus Film”, hosting feeding days and medical clinics. These projects are funded through our annual Fund raiser hosted by Little Dresses for Africa, as well as your financial support. Some of our fund raisers are:
- 2015 Jephthah Primary School of Hope at Mataka Village
- 2014 Crosscourse to raise funds for 2014 shipping Container
- 2014 Sending Hope Conference with Nancy Zieman at Shipshewana
- 2012 “Sock Hop” featuring great food, dancing and special guest “Elvis”.
- 2011 “Back to School with Laura the Elephant!”
- 2010- Changing Lives here and Across the Ocean, Silent and Live Auctioneer, Tim Ryan.
- 2009 in Partnership with A Vision for Clean Water, $5000 raised for the container and clean water for Malawi.
- 2009 Dinner Dance – Safari Style A Benefit Dinner at the Italian American Club in Wyandotte, MI.
- 2008 “Making a Difference” Variety Show, Trenton High School.
- 2008 Fashion Fund Raiser with Award Winning Tejana Artist, Megan Tejano.
- 2007 “A World of Talent” Trenton Village Theater.
- November 2007 Downriver Guidance Center of Southgate Project In partnership with Downriver Guidance Center of Southgate, Michigan
- December 2007 Soroptomist Club of Wyandotte Project