Hope in Action
Little Dresses for Africa has been fortunate to be partners with some very dedicated and passionate organizations. The common link with all the projects is that the people involved all care about children. From individuals around the country who are sewing these dresses in their homes in all 50 states and Canada, the UK, Australia and Mexico, to the volunteers that help size, sort and pack them for shipping, and those that support LDFA financially… all of them have been moved into action by their desire to help the children.
What’s Happening 2014!
First of all, big THANK YOU to Michael O’Neill for sponsoring an outrageously fun MudRun June 14 2014, which will fund our second 40ft container to Malawi. See crosscourse.org to register!
Dresses, supplies, tools, bikes, and so much more will be stored in our new distribution center in Malawi. This will allow us to serve a much wider range of people in need.
We also are ready to open our second well in a remote village of Malawi. Clean water saves lives!
Big Thanks to Northville Presbyterian Church in Michigan, who are actively raising money and collecting supplies for the new soccer field at the Nan Ray School of Learning, opening Summer 2014.
Our first ever “Sending Hope” Conference with our VIP Guest Speaker,Nancy Zieman of “Sewing With Nancy”. Register now for August 2014 Conference and book signing opportunity. This is a great chance to meet your LDFA Facebook friends and get these dresses to the kids who need them most!
2015 trip to Malawi is now being planned! A few spots are open. Contact us for an application for March 2015.
- Each year, Founder Rachel O’Neill leads a trip of 10-12 to Africa to deliver dresses and teach simple lessons on clean water, nutrition and sanitation.
In 2013, LDFA financed and physically replaced roofs for widows and child-headed families.
In 2013 LDFA brought a team and assistant Ministry of Hope with two medical days in remote villages.
2013 Buckets of Hope were distributed throughout the Villages full of supplies such as oil, sugar, soap, rice, mosquito nets and Bibles.
- 2013 Well at Kachimanga. Bible School lessons were shared on the “Living Water” as we opened a life saving well.
Teams to Africa- Led by Little Dresses for Africa.
Each year, teams are led by Founder of LDFA, Rachel O’Neill. Funds are raised in advance and projects are determined in partnership with the local people of Africa according to their needs. Our home base is in Malawi, where our school is but we have also served in The Gambia, Kenya and Ethiopia. Thousands of dresses and britches for boys are distributed as well as teach and encourage the people of Africa. Here are some of our projects completed in the past: Click on each project for more information.
Some of our Projects
A Primary School at Thobola Village, The Nan Ray School of Learning, School Master’s House, A Well for Janet at Kachimanga, Bible Classes, Vacation Bible Schools, Buckets of Hope, Village Visits,replacing roofs of Widows houses, Sharing the Gospel through “The Jesus Film”, hosting feeding days and medical clinics. These projects are funded through our annual Fund raiser hosted by Little Dresses for Africa, as well as your financial support. Some of our fund raisers are:
- 2012 “Sock Hop” featuring great food, dancing and special guest “Elvis”.
- 2011 “Back to School with Laura the Elephant!”
- 2010- Changing Lives here and Across the Ocean, Silent and Live Auctioneer, Tim Ryan.
- 2009 in Partnership with A Vision for Clean Water, $5000 raised for the container and clean water for Malawi.
- 2009 Dinner Dance – Safari Style A Benefit Dinner at the Italian American Club in Wyandotte, MI.
- 2008 “Making a Difference” Variety Show, Trenton High School.
- 2008 Fashion Fund Raiser with Award Winning Tejana Artist, Megan Tejano.
- 2007 “A World of Talent” Trenton Village Theater.
- November 2007 Downriver Guidance Center of Southgate Project In partnership with Downriver Guidance Center of Southgate, Michigan
- December 2007 Soroptomist Club of Wyandotte Project