Thoughts of Christmas fill the air. As you make your lists, may I take this opportunity to encourage you to donate where your gift will really make a difference! We have worked hard to get the dresses and shorts in for the children and we have been successful at getting them to over 500,000 kids across the continent of Africa. As we continue to receive hundreds of boxes, please remember to help with shipping costs whenever possible. Another great idea for Christmas giving, is to give in honor of a loved one, or that “hard to buy for” person on your list. Little Dresses for Africa will happily send a notification of your donation to your loved one and the money will go 100% to the project or need that you specify. Here are some of the suggestions that really need your help!
1. The school is ready to use and now we are building the School Master’s house. The foundation is dug. We are waiting for funds to complete the structure. When it is complete, the government will provide a certified teacher! This will make a HUGE difference to so many children! $8,000 is our goal for April 2012.
2. A box of approximately 100 dresses to an international location costs about $130. Sponsor a box in the name of your loved one.
3. A box of approximately 100 dresses to a domestic location costs about $40. This is a great gift to sponsor on your loved one’s behalf.
4. Bibles can be purchased in the language of the area for $10.usd/each. We will be delivering these in Malawi in April and would love to have enough for the 250 widows heading households in the area.
5. “Buckets of Hope” are purchased for about $15/each and contain rice, oil, vaseline, sugar and a Bible in their own language. Depending on funds received, also a mosquito net for the family. We would like to deliver 250 of these in April 2012.
6. Vacation Bible School crafts are such a worthy gift and impact so many lives as simple Bible lessons are taught during our April 2012 trip. Our goal is to raise $500. to ensure that each child and their care-giver receives at least one craft to complete and take home to supplement the lessons we teach.
7. When we serve in the Village, we have the opportunity to work with over 1400 kids a day. They come excited to learn, but they also arrive hungry. To feed them while we are there, we need $2000. Any amount you sponsor will help make this happen. Your gift will go directly to the project you specify.
Please consider these projects for Christmas or any time throughout the year! If you have specific questions, please contact me personally through the “contact me” page. Love and thanks!